Web-based Modeling and Simulation
- A Network-Centric M&S application is the one, the components of which run on different server computers and communicate over a network (e.g., Internet, virtual private network, wireless network) using the TCP/IP, HTTP, RMI or another protocol.
- The server computers running the models or model components of a network-centric M&S application can be geographically dispersed or be part of a local area network.
- A Web-based M&S application is a network-centric M&S application, which uses the HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) for the communication among its components over a network.
- Users use client computers to access or interact with the M&S application running on server computer(s).
- Client-Server Architecture and Service-Oriented Architecture are popular ones for building network-centric M&S applications.
- Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) and Microsoft .NET Framework are two industry standard platforms for building network-centric M&S applications.
Intended Uses / Objectives
- Enable geographically-dispersed users to use the M&S application over a network